Travel Guide: Republic Wakepark, NuvaliSunday, May 08, 2016
GETTING TO KNOW REPUBLIC WAKEPARK
Republic Wakepark in Nuvali is a go to park for sports lovers. It is also a great place to bring your family or if you wanted to try something new. Wakeboarding is a water sport that originated from Australia and New Zealand, and now brought into the Philippines. It was originally called skurfing, a combination of the words "ski" and "surfing". Now, it is commonly known as wakeboarding since it is understood as a combination of water skiing, snowboarding, and surfing techniques. This sport is basically a surface water sport which involves riding a wakeboard over the surface of the water. It is a unique sport developed into time that everyone has to try atleast once of their lifetime.
HOW TO GET TO REPUBL1C WAKEPARK
Via Public Transport
- Ride a Balibago Bus from Cubao terminal or Pasay terminal (near buendia LRT station)
- Drop off at the Sta. Rosa Exit
- Ride a tricycle going to Solenad 2
- Ride a shuttle/van at the Nuvali terminal at the back of Robinson's Supermarket
- Take note that the shuttle leaves on an interval of 1 hour from 7 am to _____
- Ask the driver to drop you off at the wakepark
Via Private Vehicle
- Via Mamplasan Southbound Exit
- Turn right to Mamplasan exit
- Turn right onto Greenfield Pkwy
- Turn right onto Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road
- Turn left onto Nuvali Boulevard after Solenad
- Continue onto Nuvali Main Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit
- Continue straight onto Nuvali Main Rd
- Turn left
Via Sta. Rosa Exit or Eton Exit
- Turn right after passing tolgate into Sta. Rosa Tagaytay Road
- OR After passing Eton Exit tollgate
- Follow the Greenfield Parkway and head to Santa Rosa- Tagaytay Road.
- Go straight to Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road
- Follow number (4)Via Mamplasan Southbound exit path
Via Silangan Exit
- Follow Silangan Industrial Park Road,
- Turn right at C.A. Yulo Ave,
- Enter Carmelray Gate at Caltex intersection, straight into Progress Ave,
- Turn right into Wisdom Ave and Enter Nuvali Gate
Tip: It is best to bring a car with you for hassle free travel because shuttle services at the Nuvali terminal has a time schedule.
REPUBLIC WAKEPARK FEES
Infos taken from Republic Wakepark official website.
Also, you need to deposit P750 for gear rent if you do not have one. No worries because they will refund your money once you return the gear after using. Just make sure to return it in a good condition to avoid charges. Helmets and vests are available at the right side of the admission counter. While boards are available at the beginner starting area for free.
Operating Days: Monday - Sunday
Weekdays: MON- THRS 08:30am - 05:30pm
Weekends: FRI- SUN 08:30am - 10:00pm
Holidays and Summertime 08:30am - 10:00pm
WHAT TO BRING TO REPUBLIC WAKEPARK
- Rash Guard and board shorts (optional)
- You may always opt to wear a swimsuit or any clothing (like t-shirts)
- Extra Clothes
- Wettable footwears
- Take note: Outside food and drinks are not allowed. No worries coz they have a restaurant inside.
- Bus: 61 php (pasay terminal- sta. rosa exit)
- Tricycle: 20 php (sta. rosa exit - solenad 2)
- Shuttle: 30php (nuvali terminal at solenad 2 - Republic Wakepark)
- Total round trip fee: 222 php
Admission Fee: 250 php
Total Budget: 472 php
- Best time to visit is on weekdays when the crowd is lesser.
- Come early if you happen to visit on a weekend to avoid long queue at the admission area.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside.
- During the wakeboarding ride, do not be afraid nor be ashamed if you plank into the water on your first try. Most beginners experience it too.
- Remember to always point your toes up once the board launches into the water
- No matter what, do not move and stay on your initial position.
- Enjoy the experience
- Showers are available at the area
- Return your helmet and vest in time and good condition to avoid charges